Are you, or do you know someone looking for a great summer job in Chapel Hill?
The LFA anticipates needing 10-12 staff members and one staff supervisor this summer and expect each employee will have around 100 hours of work for the season. New hires are paid at $10 per hour. Returning staff who are age 18+ with 2+ years of LFA experience are preferred for the staff supervisor position which starts at $15 per hour.
The park season dates to be determined.
The job requires a strong ability to work independently. Many of the hours on duty will be spent alone. There are daily lists of tasks to be done and it is expected that you will do these tasks without much supervision. A typical daily shift is from either 10:00am – 3:00pm or 2:00pm – 7:00pm.
LFA Park Staff Responsibilities and Job Description
• As a member of the LFA park staff, employees serve as a representative of the Lake Forest Neighborhood.
• Check in all who arrive at the park – all must be members or guests in attendance with members
• Keep the park clean, organized, safe and attractive
• Be courteous and helpful to all park visitors
• Wear a LFA staff tee shirt and/or visor at all times while on duty
• Know all the lake/park rules of the LFA
• Ensure all LFA rules are followed by all park visitors
• Arrive a few minutes before your shift to allow time to sign in
• It is the responsibility of each staff member to find subs for any shift they can not work
• LFA Staff are not to give out gate code to any non-member
• Working as an LFA Staff member does not entitle staff to membership of the LFA
• LFA Staff may NOT have guests visit while they are working (regardless of LFA Membership Status)
Your completed application must arrive by May 1, 2020 for consideration for the 2020 Season. You will be notified by May 20, if you have been chosen for a position. The full summer schedule and Mandatory staff orientation is TBD.
For more information and to request an application, please complete the contact form on the right-hand side of the page.